Saturday, August 3, 2024

The Great Adventure!


Holy Spirit, breathe new life into my story. Expand my heart and my imagination. Stir up my longing and desire for You. Draw me close and I will draw near to you for I yearn for you. (Psalm 42:1)

Song of Soloman 2:8-14

"The voice of my beloved!  Behold, he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills.  My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag.  Behold, there he stands behind our wall, gazing through the windows, looking through the lattice.  My beloved speaks and says to me: “Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone.  The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.  The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance.  Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away.  O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the crannies of the cliff, let me see your face, let me hear your voice, for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely."

In the Song of Soloman, the bride is snug in bed at her home. She is safe behind her walls. Don’t miss that... I will repeat it, so you don’t. She is safe behind her walls. But she receives an invitation to explore the wide, wild world with the one who calls her beloved. An invitation to a great adventure!

Are you a little bit too comfortable these days? Have you grown bored and complacent? Is God knocking on the door of your heart and inviting you to a great adventure? Maybe it is jumping into a new season that you have been resisting. Maybe He is calling you out of your familiar environment into uncharted territory.

Lord, give me eyes to see you as you come bounding over the hills of complacency in my life. Let me hear your invitation, and as you call me to arise, may I not hesitate to go.

Lord, I let go of any unhealthy attachment to my own comfort and I respond to Your call. I don’t want to be comfortable in my surroundings that I miss your invitation. I want to embrace every season You have for me, even the wild ones! What is today’s adventure? I’m ready for it!

As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
so will your God rejoice over you. Isaiah 62:5 (NIV)

No comments: